1) You. I am Kelly Hodges, a senior at the University of Florida and I have passion for animals. My talents include horseback riding, people-skills, and caring for animals. My skills and experience with animals is from owning pets and working at a farm. My aspirations for my business would be to share my love for animals with other animal lovers, specifically dogs for this business. I would like the business to be a large part of my life because it would also be my passion.
2) What are you offering to customers? The product/service I am offering is a social media networking platform for dog lovers and owners. Customers may not realize they have an unmet need for a dog social media site until it becomes available so that they stop spamming their regular Facebook friends with photos of their pets.
3) Who are you offering it to? I would be offering this product to anyone who loves social media and is a pet owner or loves pets/animals. Ideally this website would be connected to the user's personal facebook, so facebook users with pets would be the perfect customer.
4) Why do they care? Customers won't have to pay money for this product/service, but they will find it valuable because they can share photos and stories about their dog/pet with other dog/pet owners. They can learn about other pet information like pet-friendly businesses, vacations with pets, product/food recalls, new products for sale for their dog/pet, etc. This dog-social media website would be a source for all kinds of information for your dog.
5) What are your core competencies? My main "competitors" for a social media platform like this would be existing accounts on existing social media websites like facebook and instagram. I think if I were able to integrate these two websites with mine so users could easily share to either or both accounts people would be more likely to use it. Something my website would have that FB/Insta do not have would be the ability for companies to advertise their pet products/services. My main revenue driver would be from advertisements from pet companies, who would want to advertise with me because of our target markets.
I think these elements fit together well for my business. I think there is a huge market of pet owners who love their dogs and want to share photos, stories, and gain information about/for their pet. There are a ton of people who have created instagram and facebook accounts for their dog. This would be a social media website specifically for these types of people.
Thank you for any feedback!
Kelly,
ReplyDeleteThis a fun concept. it is funny that you are mentioning this because people always tell me to open an Instagram or something for my dog because my dog is really funny and many like her. Sometimes I think about it but I am never sure. maybe if there was website for only animal, I would do it
I like the idea, and I am sure my husband would love to make a profile for our beagle Baylee because he is so in love with her! Maybe a good idea could be to create some sort of alliance with a large pet company such as Petco or Pet Supermarket who could integrate this for their existing and growing customer base through their marketing department. Also perhaps this could be targeted to breeders, who can share information about their dogs and people who buy from the same litter can stay in touch about how their dogs are doing.
ReplyDeleteKelly, I think that your idea is a genius one. There are so many people out there who love animals and they are starting to gain more traction not only as pets, but just out in the media in general. I think that friends on social media could get angry about all the spamming and the separate account would do wonders. It would cause less tension between parties it would be cool to see a pet social media sight. YOu have a really good thing going here, I wish you the best of luck!
ReplyDeleteKelly, your idea is one of the only ones I've really remembered out of all these comments, because I love it so much. I would absolutely use it and I know my parents would too. You should get on it before zuckerberg reads this blog!! What kind of dog do you have? Can't remember if I already asked. Good luck with your project
ReplyDelete