Wednesday, June 15, 2016

Linner


I have been using the term "Linner" for quite some time now and some people have caught onto it. Basically "Linner" is a combination of lunch-dinner, similar to "Brunch". I started using this word because on Sunday's we would have a huge breakfast as a family, but then still be too full for lunch when noon came around. So instead of waiting until 6pm for dinner, we would make another big meal to eat around 3pm and be full the rest of the day. So basically, on Sunday's we would have 2 big meals, breakfast and linner. My entire family knows my word, and I've shared it with a few of my friends and some it has stuck and some it has not. It's kind of a weird word to say and not as catchy as "brunch". All in all, one of my favorite meal times is "linner" time so you're not too full for the resting part of your day!

No comments:

Post a Comment