Wednesday, June 15, 2016

Halfway Reflection

1) Tenaciousness is a competency. What are the behaviors that you have used (or developed) to keep up with the requirements of this course? 
Some behaviors that I have learned to adapt for this course are being consistent and staying on top of the workload. Also to continue developing the entrepreneurial ideas in more depth. It is one thing to have a "blue sky" idea, but to actually put it in writing and come up with some details takes a lot more effort and innovative, creative thinking. 

2) Tenaciousness is also about attitude. Talk about a moment or two when you felt like "giving up." What pulled you through? Do you feel like you've developed a tenacious attitude during the past two months? What experience or experiences most contributed to this?
A moment that I felt like giving up is when it came to conducting interviews. It can seem very scary to put yourself out in the "real world" and share your ideas with strangers. Sometimes ideas that they have never even thought of and you're not sure what the stranger is thinking of you or your idea. What pulled me through was my passion for my idea. You have to believe in yourself first because anyone else can also feel confident if you. I think throughout this course thus far, I have developed more confidence in myself and my ideas. 

3) Three tips. What are three tips you would offer next semester's student about (1) fostering the skills that support tenacity and (2) developing the 'tenacious mindset' ?
Some advice that I would offer next semester's students would be to develop and idea and stick with it. But don't stick to it so much if you come to realize that you've exhausted the innovation. If you find something you're passionate about, you will never get bored of trying to make it better and better. If you start going down one road and realize that it might not have the outcome you want, then make a change and start a new path. That's what great about this class is learning how to put your thoughts in writing and gain information without spending anything put your time. 

2 comments:

  1. I agree that it is important to believe in your idea. If you aren't, it is hard to talk about and complete assignments. I also agree that the freedom we have is nice. We are able to follow any path we want and switch to another if we become uninterested in the idea. Being passionate in your idea definitely makes the class a whole lot easier. Good post (:

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey there! I agree, I’ve also learned to stay on top of assignments more so they don’t pile up on me. I also agree that the interviews were a very challenging point in this class. I think you had great tips for the incoming semester, and your view of staying with something you like will make things easier in general since you don’t exhaust the idea.

    ReplyDelete