Thursday, June 2, 2016

Elevator Pitch No. 1

This is my elevator pitch for my idea to of a dog social media website. This pitch is a bit different than the other idea I've been researching because I'd like to get a feel for what others think about this pitch. Thank you for your constructive feedback.

https://youtu.be/vcMo4n3ZccM


5 comments:

  1. Kelly... What a great idea!! I also believe that there is a huge market for animal owners, my idea is animal centered as well. I was literally talking with my mom about how she needs people to walk our dog with. I hope your pull this off, let me know when it's open to the public!! Dogs are social beings, and so are their owners. This would be a great benefit to millions of people. Good luck with your project.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kelly,
    Excellent pitch! I thought your enthusiasm and professionalism were evenly matched, and the comment about your dog having 900 Instagram followers made me laugh. I think the pet market is a great one to have interest in, as pet products are a multi-billion dollar industry. I've never heard of a social media platform that caters to pet owners displaying their pet's profiles, I think that is incredibly original. I really look forward to seeing the second pitch for the idea, with more details on how pets will be categorized (by type, breed, etc).

    ReplyDelete
  3. You did a good job with your elevator pitch. I like that you incorporated your idea into your pitch and made it your own in the process, and that it flowed smoothly and was coherent. Before this assignment, I didn't realize that elevator pitches could be about an idea or a business instead of just about the person who was speaking.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kelly, this pitch was very well done. I like the fact that your idea has a secondary development along with it. There is definitely a market for your idea because so many people have pets, and are just as enthusiastic as you are with yours. This idea is great because it is original and could definitely work. The fact that you even laid out a future for a secondary development is a testament to how it could work. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dog Walks, such as 5ks and other Dog Social events could be a great place to meet people to discuss this idea and create strategic alliances. There will likely be contacts with rescue groups as well as dog owners who are in your target market. Your company could host an event such as one of these walks, or costume parties, or other such pet fun activities, and local retailers and food vendors could rent space there as a revenue driver.

    ReplyDelete