Thursday, July 7, 2016

Reading Reflection No. 2

Mindset: The New Psychology of Success

1) The general theme of the book describes different ways of thinking, mostly focusing on a fixed mindset versus a growth mindset.
2) The book connected with the class because it made me realize the different ways of thinking. This helps when it comes to approaching problems that I'm not familiar with, it makes me think about things differently and come up with different solutions. This is helpful to think like an entrepreneur, solving all kinds of problems. 
3) If I had to design an exercise for this class based on this book, I would have a proposed entrepreneurial problem and have students come up with different ways of thinking about a solution. From a fixed mindset, students would think of ways that have solved the problem in the past. From a growth mindset, students would think of new, innovative/different ways to solve the problem.  
4) An 'aha' moment for me was that I have mostly a 'growth' mindset in the sense that I like to continue thinking of new ways to look at the world and solving problems. I like to learn and I'm not stuck in my ways. I am accepting of challenges. I like to be innovative and learn from other creative, innovative people. 

No comments:

Post a Comment