1) You. My name is Kelly. My talents include horseback riding, organization, interpersonal skills and a passion for animals. I have owned pets and worked with animals my entire life and I have developed many care-taking skills from my experiences of pet-ownership and working on farms. I would love for this business of an pet social media website to be my full-time job. I love to share my passion for pets and animals and I know there are other animal lovers out there.
2) What are you offering to customers? My product is a pet social media website similar to Facebook and Instagram combined. There are thousands of facebook pages and instagram accounts dedicated to people's pets already, this would be a specific social media site for these people. I would love to integrate with FB and Insta so that people could share on all sites at once. My social media page would also include information for pet friendly business, local parks and events, a way to make friends with other pet owners, ways for businesses to advertise, etc. Basically I would like to facilitate a pet-owner's community.
3) Who are you offering it to? My customers could be from any demographic, but I would assume most would be young to middle-aged. Anyone who has a pet and a social media account could benefit from my website. They could use it to share photos or gain information about their pets or both! All of my users would LOVE their pets and want to share them to the online world.
4) Why do they care? Customers wouldn't pay to use the social media account, but businesses would pay to advertise. Customers would find value in this social media site because they can share photos and stories about their pets without bombarding their personal accounts and annoying their non-pet friends. Customers would learn about businesses who sell pet products and learn new information about pets. Breeders and rescues could also share their information which would help people who are looking to get a pet
5) What are your core competencies? What would set my social media site apart from everyone else would be that it would be dedicated strictly to pets, pet owners, and animal lovers. It wouldn't be for people who are not interested in pets/animals, so we could filter out the cat videos from the typical Facebook feed. Pet information is scattered across the internet, and this could be a localized place to find information and ask questions.
I believe that these five elements fit together to build a solid business concept.
Feedback: Some of the feedback I received was that I have a good idea for this pet social media. At first I would direct it towards dog-owners because they stereo-typically seem to be most "out going" looking for things to do with their dogs. Next would be to incorporate cat owners followed by other pet owners and animal loves.
One of the comments that I really appreciated was potentially partnering with big-name pet store brands like Petco and Petsmart and start advertising with them. These stores facilitate adoptions, so there could be a way to sponsor adoptable pets that will be at the local stores. Also featuring new adoption parents, which may promote adoption!
Kelly, it seems like you have very many talents and that you are ready to succeed in whatever you want to do. I think that a pet social media website will be great for you in what you are trying to do and that seems as if it is the future. You have a great model laid out and you seem like you are doing great.
ReplyDelete