This assignment is to continue exploring how to identify opportunities; economic trend opportunities and policy change opportunities.
Economic Trend Opportunities:
1) An economic trend to watch in 2016 is that consumers are starting to spend more money on goods which will continue to help grow the economy. I believe this could lead to many opportunities for businesses who have been struggling during the bad economy, when people weren't spending as much. There could be an opportunity for financial advisers to help people track their spending so that they don't overspend. There could be an opportunity for new housing developments, because people are making more money and they'd probably want to buy a nicer house. I see these opportunities because I know what I would spend my money on if I was comfortable with my stable income.
2) Another economic trend that has been going on for a while now is the eCommerce, people doing most of their business on the web. Web businesses may seem to be easier to start but it's difficult to gain traffic through the website which would lead to actual business. This could be an opportunity for tech-savvy individuals who know how to build efficient websites and market online. This seems to be a growing business because people have ideas but they're not capable of coding their own websites or are not effective in marketing their business through social media or google searches. I see these opportunities because I am interested in learning how the eCommerce businesses work, I think that online sales are the way of the future because it is so much easier to buy something online where you can quickly see all the information, research and reviews versus wandering around a store to find an item.
Policy Change Opportunities:
1) There has been a recent change that states undocumented immigrants that have family in the US may now become permanent residents. This could lead to a business opportunity because these people are going to need jobs, but in order to get jobs in the US, they will most likely have to be able to speak English well. There could be a pop-up of companies who help these new residents learn English and gains skills that could help them get jobs. I see these opportunities because if we're going to have all of these new residents in the US, we're going to need to put them to work instead of them being around and not contributing to the US nation and economy.
2) Since the US and Cuba are now allowed to interact and do business trades, this could lead to an infinite amount of opportunities. We are able to share information for scientific research, trade goods, and learn from each other's economies. US markets could find places where Cuba needs help and that could be an opportunity to help and start a business. I think this relationship is important because Cuba is so close to the US and they would be good trade partners. I see these opportunities because I have read some articles that Cuba has been working on cures to cancer and other scientific research and they have some resources that the US has not touched upon yet, I see that we could share this information and help the world as a whole.
I actually really like this opportunity and think it's great. I have seen a similar opportunity be exploited in China actually. English is the "universal language", so it's very popular now to have English taught as a second language at a young age. I used to live in Shanghai and worked as an English teacher for children. I imagine something similar might pop up here like you said.
ReplyDelete